CEBUNAV ALUMNI SHARE THEIR OPINION



NavAlumni from Cebu initiated a discussion on finances of the PhilNavs and ended up with the survey on the perception not only on finances but on the PhilNavs itself and its staffs.

This is a good indication that our alumni are now wanting to partner with us in the ministry. This may not be a representative of the whole alumni but definitely this is worth considering.

I posted here their responses as is, and its up to you how you would interpret them. The discussion is still on going and I will be posting important developments. I personally sense that our alumni is now ready to play a bigger role in the ministry that God has entrusted to us.

For the staff and the leadership there are definitely lessons we can pick-up from our alumni...

You can make comment using the Voice Out Box.

SURVEY RESULTS

I. Profile of the Respondents in relation to Navs.
A. Nav Involvement
1. How long have you been involved with the Navs
a. Less than one year
b. 1-3 years
c. 3-5 years 3 10.7%
d. 5-10 years 6 21.4%
e. More than 10 years 19 67.9%
Votes so far:  28 100.0%
2 At what stage of your life were you contacted by the Navs
a. As a student 22 88.0%
b. As working single professional 2 8.0%
c. As married 1 4.0%
d. As retired 0.0%
Votes so far 25 100.0%
3 Who introduced you to the Navs
a. Classmate 9 34.6%
b. Friend (boy friend/girl friend included) 3 11.5%
c. Nav Staff (other Nav leaders included) 6 23.1%
d. Relative (husband/wife included) 7 26.9%
e. No one, I just saw them and join 1 3.8%
Votes so far 26 100.0%
4. What Nav activities were you involved in (multiple answers allowed)
a. Ministry Leadership 10 38.5%
b. Leading Bible study 20 76.9%
c. Witnessing 20 76.9%
d. Fellowships 23 88.5%
e. Conferences and training programs 21 80.8%
f. Community meetings 9 34.6%
g. Fund raising 11 42.3%
h Doing any of the spiritual disciplines (Bible reading, Scripture Memory, quiet time, Prayers and DIPs etc) 22 84.6%
i I need to explain (Please write your explanation on the voice out box.) 1 3.8%
Votes so far 26 100.0%

SOME COMMENTS ON THE RESULTS

You can read it from the bottom up.

Friday, April 3, 2009

Where is the Statistics Here?

My dear sisters and brothers,
It was not my intention to get a single ray of limelight. Lest I'll be hit with
lightning and vanish in thin air.
Since the survey results are out to which I participated in obedience to RG's
call, I would like to manja with our boys like Venric or Rene if they would like
to put some explanation on the significance of the results.
Mga kuya, before you say something, can I make some senseless thoughts in a form
of questions please?
First, there are less than 200 members in this group and only about 20 something
participated. From the statistical point of view, does the outcome make sense? Do they
represent the whole group? In my little brain-nut as Mely puts it, if this were a project
or a thesis, I would challenge the results and make questions on the process by which the
survey was made. I'm sorry RG but why was the survey in a hurry? Some of our family
members who only open their mail twice a month will not have a chance to voice out I guess.
From a simple illustration, I cannot be represented by my hand nor my feet on this results.
Of course, you would say that I was a good representation. Of those who participated
or the whole group?
Honestly mga Kuyas, I have difficulty appreciating surveys in the christian context because
a.) When Abraham negotiated for Lot when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrha,
did God used statistic? I think God looks at individual and not trends and medians.
Or maybe yes, because everyone was evil God destroyed them.
b.) When Jesus used the parable of the lost sheep, did he not said " Will he not leave
the 99 and loook for the lost sheep, and when He finds it, he will rejoice in it"?
Where is statistics here?
c.) There are about 2 members of the group who are consistently inclined to be negative
on their responses, shall the Nav leadership brush them off because its not what the majority feels?
Of course not!, they would try to reach out to everyone.
d.) Had the christian organization not so distant past stopped sending missionaries to
Solomon Islands and Papua New Guinea because they were eaten alive and that in more
than 5 years no one had been converted to christianity, would we hear a single soul being
saved today in those countries? Where is statistics?
e.) If RG will not find Amir in their search for 3 or 4 years and that their family friends will
not embrace Jesus, shall we remove our support to their endeavours because based on statistics
they have not done their jobs?
f.) I think some in the ulay division will really appreciate your comments.
I still have other thoughts but I think we all have enough in our plates.
Take your time Kuya. And thank you for giving me life in here. I might stay a little longer.
On a ligheter side, I think some ideas are brewing when Ruby shared somethin like
paid...staff, ...fund raising... and Edd also mentioned about funds,... management.. .
needy staff... Could anyone make a good business case on this? This should be a good
outcome of the survey.
Thanks Ruby and Mely. Its nice to be welcomed. And Lani, impressions does not
hold in statistics either he he he he. Sungit ano?
Daghan salamat,
Oxy

No comments:

Post a Comment